PODCAST: Interview with Scottish Government minister Jamie Hepburn

Scottish Government minister for employability and training Jamie Hepburn spoke to CommonSpace after he kicked off at the 77th STUC Youth Conference in Clydebank

THE STUC Youth Committee held its annual conference in Clydebank at the weekend, where there was lots of discussion about better conditions for young workers.

In his speech to the conference, Scottish Government minister Jamie Hepburn discussed what was on the agenda for the youth workers conference, but also he discussed fair work for young people.

CommonSpace reporter David Thomson managed to speak to Hepburn about the issues raised in his speech, and whether EU nationals should be allowed to stay in Scotland once the Brexit deal has been negotiated.

Read more of ourcoverage of the STUC Youth Conference:

STUC Youth Conference is concerned about the impact on higher education as a result of a 'hard' Brexit

STUC Youth Conference backs motion on more regulation for those who work in casual employment

Picture courtesy of David Thomson

Look at how important CommonSpace has become, and how vital it is for the future #SupportAReporter

Comments

Adrian Simmons

Mon, 07/03/2017 - 20:03

Is there an easy way to get these podcasts onto an old fashioned iPod? (Other than faffing about downloading it and adding it to iTunes manually that is.)

david.thomson's picture

david.thomson

Mon, 07/03/2017 - 21:14

Hello Adrian, if you search for CommonSpace podcast interviews on iTunes, you can download the original podcast. I have checked, and the interview with Jamie Hepburn is up on iTunes.

Adrian Simmons

Wed, 07/05/2017 - 09:09

Found it. Thanks David.

zaneadd's picture

zaneadd

Thu, 07/27/2017 - 21:21

My ultimate goals in life was to startup a family with a man who permanently wants me always as the only woman in his life, a man that only wants a future with me and his desires to be with and around me to be uncontrollable. A man that will turn a deaf ear to nothing or anyone trying to separate us.
My goals where achieved 2 years ago; I must confess that our marriage was fine until someone somewhere started interfering, pushing and putting negative thoughts in his head out of envy. As days goes by, the atmosphere around us looked fine and automatically did a complete 360, we went from living together, talking, texting and such all-day every-day to barely anything at all. We separated because of the rumor that I couldn’t bear a child. It was a lie told by someone who envied our peaceful marriage.
I sought the help of Dr. Wakina via (dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com) according to reviews I read online and on radio about his work. I found total justice, redemption and restoration through his love spell after months of broken heart. Our enemies where proven wrong the moment my husband comeback to me. I believe there will also go blind after seeing me pregnant.
All hail Dr. Wakina for reinstituting my marriage.

michelle1001

Tue, 08/01/2017 - 00:57

Am Michelle by name I live in Spain. I want the world to know a great man that is well known as DR AKERECO, he has the perfect solution to relationship issues and marriage and he solve all kind of problems. The main reason why I'm telling the world about DR AKERECO on how he get my husband back because in recent times i have read some testimonies on the internet which some people has written about DR AKERECO, and i was so pleased and i decided to seek for assistance from him on his Email (drakerecospellcaster@gmail.com) His Facebook name is (Andrew Akereco) Facebook page: which he did a perfect job by casting a spell on my husband which made him to come back to me and beg for forgiveness.I will no stop publishing his name on the net because of the good work he is doing. I will drop his contact for the usefulness of those that needs his help. his all over the world his USA number +16783698701, his whatsapp number +2349064026626 You can contact him today and get your problem solved.

htmlcolor

Wed, 08/16/2017 - 08:08

Thanks for the information your article brings. I see the novelty of your writing, I will share it for everyone to read together. I look forward to reading many articles from you.
wingsio

Peter Dow's picture

Peter Dow

Wed, 08/16/2017 - 10:27

Police Scotland and the Scottish Police Authority owe all of Scotland an apology for wrecking our economy - with the full encouragement of the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service and the Scottish Courts I might add.

The police state has wrecked our economy by arresting, raiding, seizing the equipment of potentially the most productive Scots - scientists, inventors, wealth-creators - brilliant Scots who would make us all wealthy but aren't allowed to because our academic and industrial freedom has been crushed by a heavy-handed police state.

The police state is impoverishing Scotland making it a land governed by fools and contributing to the brain drain where Scotland's finest minds leave the country to go somewhere their genius is not criminalised and contributing to the brain flush where Scotland's finest minds are excluded from all universities and institutions of research and development where atrocious mismanagement cannot even be mentioned, never mind exposed and made accountable.

So the apology and the compensation we Scots are owed from the police and the UK state which defends bad policing must run into the £100s of billions by now.

evanmas04

Thu, 09/07/2017 - 19:16

Why could my Husband not be loyal to me, respect me as his wife, love me and only me without breaking our marriage vows? My Husband’s behaviors caused me to think maybe we were not meant to be together. It hurts to the bone when your life partner turns against you, making you sad instead of being your motivator, always engaging you in constant argument and confusion with the kids. The worst is him being unfaithful, seeing other women is like stabbing you in the back. My better half caused me so much pain for over 2years and 4months, we reassembly separated like 6weeks because his continuous reckless behavior became unbearable. I searched for permanent solution to get him back to us both physical and spiritual throughout the entire 6weeks. I was lucky to have Dr. Wakina (dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com) handle my case after reading alot of his spell stories. “Can you help me get my Husband back” was the request I made and the rest is history. My marital home is even better since the love spell changed and brought back my Husband. Dr. Wakina made me believe in second chance.

rose201

Thu, 09/14/2017 - 13:16

Am writing this article to appreciate the good work of DR ABAKA that helped me recently to bring back my wife that left me for another man for no reason for the past 2 years. After seeing a post of a woman on the internet testifying of how she was helped by DR ABAKA. I also decided to contact him for help because all i wanted was for me to get my wife, happiness and to make sure that my child grows up with his mother. Am happy today that he helped me and i can proudly say that my wife is now with me again and she is now in love with me like never before. Are you in need of any help in your relationship like getting back your man, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, winning of lotteries, herbal cure for sickness or job promotion E.T.C. Viewers reading my post that needs the help of DR ABAKA should contact him drabakaspelltemple@gmail.com or whats app contact +2349063230051.

r_ashwin

Fri, 09/15/2017 - 09:48

I know you may play many of the online game but this is really most exciting and different to the any other online card game.This is free and online,you don't even need to download this game for play.Through this web link mahjongfreegames.online/dark-dimensions you are able to go to the home page of this awesome classic solitaire card game.
Thank you for the most entertaining card game for us.