Jackie Baillie announces bid for Scottish Labour deputy leadership
Jackie Baillie had planned to run on a job share ticket with fellow MSP Pauline McNeill.
- Labour MSP Jackie Baillie joins contest to become Scottish Labour deputy leader
- The contest comes after former deputy Lesley Laird lost her Westminster seat
VETERAN LABOUR MSP Jackie Baillie has announced her bid to become Scottish Labour deputy leader, the move comes after an unsuccessful “job share” proposal with a fellow MSP.
Extinction Rebellion Scotland protest MSPs' fossil fuel-linked pensions
Extinction Rebellion activists launched an early morning protest at the offices of Baillie Gifford in Edinburgh
- Activists barricade investment firm who manage £80mn Holyrood pension fund
- MSPs investment in Shell increased from £360,000 to £430,000 in 2019
OFFICES OF THE INVESTMENT FIRM responsible for MSP’s pension fund have been barricaded by Extinction Rebellion activists over links to the fossil fuel industry.
‘It will not stand’: Nicola Sturgeon responds to Boris Johnson’s denial of #indyref2 powers
The prime minister has written to Nicola Sturgeon denying her request for a transfer of powers over referendums
- Boris Johnson denies request to devolve indyref2 powers to Holyrood
- “It will not stand” – Nicola Sturgeon responds
PRIME MINISTER Boris Johnson has refused a request to transfer powers over referendums to the Scottish Parliament, insisting another referendum would continue “political stagnation” in Scotland.